Intrapac’s Whiterock project is located in the Ripley Valley adjacent to the White Rock Spring Mountain Conservation Estate south of the Centenary Highway, 35km from the Brisbane CBD and 15km from the Ipswich CBD.
Intrapac Property partnered with Economic Development Queensland (EDQ) to deliver Infrastructure using the Catalyst Infrastructure Fund, a Queensland Government initiative to invest in urban infrastructure that unlocks development, generates construction activity and creates long term employment.
Intrapac Property and Macroplan applied for the funding in July 2018, approval for the funding was received in October 2020 and works started immediately after.
A combined investment of $13M by EDQ and $8M by Intrapac Property allowed the delivery of trunk water and road infrastructure for the eastern side of the Ripley Valley PDA to be brought forward by around 12 months which had a positive cumulative impact including:
- Bringing forward the linkage of the east and west of the Ripley Valley PDA, connecting communities, roads, public transport, cycling and pedestrian networks.
- Supported the earlier development of neighbouring residential development.
- Provided a secondary access point to the Highway.
- Built links to regional recreational assets, such as the trail network within the White Rock Conservation Estate. and
- Brought forward water supply and sewer services to East Ripley Valley.
The investment by the Queensland Government and Intrapac Property in the Ripley Valley brought forward the delivery of urban infrastructure, unlocked development, generated construction activity and created long-term employment for Queenslanders.